Retail Turnaround & Restructuring
FTI Consulting is the market leader in retail restructuring and has advised many high-profile retailing clients facing complex situations. We represent companies, private equity firms, secured and unsecured creditors, and other stakeholders in both in-court and out-of-court restructurings and turnarounds.
When a client determines that Chapter 11 is the best course of action, we can move decisively to evaluate various restructuring alternatives, maximize value, and meet the tight time frames required under bankruptcy law. Also, we lead discussions with major constituents, including capital providers, to ensure sufficient liquidity to execute the plan.
Our services include:
- Developing detailed liquidity forecasts to assess various strategic options
- Creating and assessing strategic alternatives, then building consensus with key constituencies
- Creating and negotiating reorganization plans
- Evaluating capital structure
- Sourcing and negotiating debt financing
- Creating vendor management programs
- Developing both external and internal communications programs
- Assisting with operational readiness for a potential Chapter 11 filing
- Managing disposition of unprofitable locations and mitigation of associated liabilities
- Providing support during the Chapter 11 process, including serving as expert witness, managing data requests from creditors, reconciling claims, etc.
Senior Managing Director