Revenue & Operations
How We Help
Clients benefit from our highly customized approach that considers culture, goals and needs of stakeholders and functions, and aligns business operations with critical priorities to deliver enterprise-wide transformation. We unlock profitability by determining the optimal mix of tools, analytics and processes that achieve sustainable, accelerated revenue growth and operational excellence.
Tap into our expertise in the four major drivers of revenue growth: Sales Excellence.
Tap into our expertise in the four major drivers of revenue growth:
Sales Excellence. Make your sales organization more productive by pursuing the right customers. We work with your chief sales officer (CSO) and sales management team to ensure that your salespeople’s efforts are aligned with the right customer segments, and that they have optimal tools and processes to be successful.
Our FastTrack Sales IQ framework transforms your data into user-friendly dashboards and insights that help you restructure your sales.
As a foundational approach to maximizing revenue growth, our firm employs a proprietary, highly insightful, foundational analysis called the “Profit Cube,” which measures the true contribution margin of your products and customers across segments, sales channels and geography. We take into account cost of acquisition, production, delivery, cost to serve, retention costs, etc., and link them to revenue drivers.
Marketing. Discover if you’re using the right marketing tactics on the right customer segments. Chief marketing officers (CMOs) rely on us to help ensure that the sales and marketing organizations are aligned. Our practitioners understand that it’s not enough to measure marketing organizations on their lead generation to sales — you need conversion to drive revenue growth. We utilize KPIs and metrics to help you define and implement the right strategies, solutions and tools that will support customer targeting and segmentation, brand and product management, customer experience and loyalty, sales force effectiveness, and predictive analytics. Challenges we help businesses resolve include:
- Determining if the business needs a shared marketing organization
- Designing the right marketing organization for the business
- Increasing productivity of marketing organizations by aligning them to the right activities to fuel business growth and drive revenue
- Increasing marketing effectiveness and optimizing marketing spend
Pricing and Performance Analytics. Our clients engage us for our expertise on pricing, growth and demand sensitivity. They seek our advice on where their industry is heading to determine the right pricing strategy, how to price appropriately and how best to work with customers. Organizations historically have looked at competitive pricing to set their own pricing strategy. But as markets mature and change, their legacy pricing tactics may no longer work. We help you deploy the next level of market-leading pricing tactics, ensuring that competitors are not undercutting you.
Customer Experience. As most revenue comes in the post-sales process, you need to ensure you’re providing a superior customer experience. Many of our clients are seeing that their customer experience (CX) is phenomenal up until a sale is complete, but once the transaction is done, that experience falls backwards. We advise CMOs and chief customer experience officers on how to extend CX after the sale:
- How to differentiate CX, not just for deal value, but for the potential you can get from recurring customers
- Defining overall customer strategy — determine the ideal CX by exploring all possible customer experiences for each customer segment
- Digital tech and tools — determine the future experience you want to provide customers
- Omnichannel experience, sales automation, e-commerce, and self service
To improve your organization’s operations and cost structure, we work collaboratively with your management,...
To improve your organization’s operations and cost structure, we work collaboratively with your management, board of directors and other stakeholders to provide objective, data-driven, hands-on solutions that include practical implementation plans for sustained cost improvement while increasing customer experience (CX).
Typical client concerns we address include:
- Overall cost structure is not competitive with peers
- Operating model or organization are not aligned to shifts in the market and competitive requirements
- Organizational design is inefficient, with duplicative costs from overlapping or poorly designed processes or functions, or lack of integration of past acquisitions
- Attention to weaknesses in supply chain or procurement processes to become more cost efficient and resilient, and manufacturing facilities/plants that are underperforming
- Lack of accurate and timely data is inhibiting ability to gain business insights, manage costs, and build long-term customer relationships; management dashboards or business intelligence is poor
- Customers don’t have a consistent CX across touchpoints with your sales and operational functions, and you believe changing to a shared services or center of excellence structure would increase customer experience at a reduced cost and want to explore alternative organizational structures
- Top line is growing, but not seeing a commensurate rise in profitability
- Production margins are declining against competitors
- No formal, or a poorly functioning, sales and operations planning (S&OP) process
- Purchasing is decentralized and spend is fragmented across too many suppliers
Our service offerings include:
- Organizational design. We quickly assess organizational optimization opportunities, and rapidly design organizational structures to drive growth, efficiency and market alignment.
- Operating model redesign. We identify opportunities to improve alignment of market-facing functions to drive profitability improvement. This includes sales and marketing, engineering and R&D, customer operations. and service delivery. To improve effectiveness and efficiency, we also identify opportunities for shared services, outsourcing and offshoring.
- Structural cost improvements. We advise on fixed asset optimization, production and operations cost reduction, and SG&A cost reduction to make companies maximally competitive in their industry sectors.
- Working capital improvement. We optimize the investment in working capital, increasing the speed of cash conversion, speeding up collections, extending payables, and analyzing the amount invested in inventory.
- Integrated supply chain. We understand and advise on supply chain risk, inventory optimization, manufacturing and distribution network optimization, transportation and logistics, strategic sourcing and procurement, and warehousing and distribution.
- Strategic sourcing and procurement. We provide spend analysis and spend analytics, accelerated sourcing, strategic sourcing, supplier management and procurement talent enablement, including assisting with organizational design, building category expertise, applying the right tools, and instilling source-to-pay excellence.
- Lean enterprise. We analyze operations including manufacturing process improvement, operations process improvement (e.g., determining optimal loading of plants, determining a plant’s overall process flow and output), shop floor quality assurance improvement (e.g., Lean Six Sigma — removing waste and streamlining the manufacturing process to optimize production), and back office spread and consolidation.
- S&OP. We help design and implement a process that better balances supply and demand to improve customer service while minimizing the investment in inventory.
- Business intelligence. We use data insights and data management to drive operational changes that increase profitability, strategic focus, and improve customer base management.
- Technology transformation, data science and data management. We help clients develop technology solutions that meet current and future operational demands, modernize IT, develop process automation, facilitate your organization’s digital evolution, safeguard your competitiveness and cybersecurity, and manage data across the enterprise using machine learning and AI to increase efficiency.